The 2019 Kyneton & District Poultry Club Show will take place on Sunday 9th June.
Feature breeds will be advised nearer the time, there will be prize money of over $1200.
The VPFA will designate breeds as their feature breeds for 2019 and birds entered in those sections will be eligible to obtain points towards the season award.
As usual there will be a well catered lunch and also a guest speaker.
Following last years full pavilion, early bookings are recommended, we are looking forward to another bumper show!
For all show enquiries contact club President, Graham Smith 0411 707 358.
SHOW RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This show will be held under the VPFA Rules and Regulations.
2. All birds must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor and owned for a minimum
for 21 days prior to the show.
3. The Club reserves the right to refuse entries without explanation.
4. The Club shall not be responsible for any bird lost or stolen during the show
although every care will be taken to avoid this happening.
5. The decision of the Committee on any matter shall be accepted as final.
6. Any exhibit may be disqualified if the plumage has been trimmed, removed or the
bird otherwise tampered with.
7. Any exhibits entered in the wrong class will be disqualified from the competition.
8. The judge may withhold any prize where the quality of the exhibit is not sufficient to
merit the same.
9. Judging sticks may only be used by the judges.
10. Exhibits to be judged to the Australian Poultry Standards.
11. The Club reserves the right to obtain the services of a substitute or extra judge at any
12. All birds entered in the cockerel or pullet class must be under 12 months of
age, a cock or hen must be over 12 months of age on the day of the show.
13. Birds must be exactly as specified in various sections
14. No bird may removed from a pen without the authority of the Show Manager.
15. During the Show, no exhibit may be handled by any person without the
permission the Show Manager.
16. The Club may exclude any exhibit which it considers not fit for exhibition, either
because of disease, or any other reason.
17. Stewards or exhibitors may not comment on the merits of any exhibits to the
judge until ALL judging is completed.
18. Show Secretary will open a class where there are more than 5 birds of the same
breed or amalgamate classes where necessary.
19. Non identifiable leg bands are permitted.
20.. Juniors must not show same breed as a senior exhibitor if living at the same
21. Juniors must be between the ages of 6 – 16 years of age in accordance with the
VPFA Limited rules.
22. Champion and Reserve Junior birds will be considered for Champion and Reserve
birds in the show.
23. Junior entries follow the same Show Schedule as for senor entries but need to put a
‘J’ in front of the Class number.
24. There are no classes for turkeys or eggs.
25. Poultry pavilion is open from 7:30am. All birds must be penned by 9:15am. Judging
commences at 9:30am.